get to know me meme: 1/5 favorite musicians matt healy
"Physical things, like the twitch and stuff like that, that sort of began as an idea, early on. It really just felt right; I can’t exactly explain why at first. And then, as I realized that he had so much going on in his mind, so many pieces of information to hold onto, and, emotionally, he was repressing so much, that sometimes that comes out in strange physical ways and attributes and tics. And I found that to be a way in which it was like an expression of this emotional state; he just couldn’t emote, because it would hurt the case. It could hurt him in trying to figure out the case, it could cause great doubt. So he was just dealing with computing so much that it was almost like an overload. It was like a glitch." - Jake Gyllenhaal
Patrick J. Adams photographed by Zack Dezon
"Oh, the grey pigeons? They were a red herring."
Beyoncé – Drunk In Love (Remix) (Feat. Kanye West)
antidotes to a bad day/when you don’t feel loved
- clean your room. i mean really clean it. wash your sheets, vacuum, change the curtains, break out the oxyclean and get the stains out.
- call an anonymous number that’s set up for secrets and stories. tell the number everything or make up a story or cry or do whatever you need to say outloud and tell someone who actually won’t tell a soul (imboycrazy’s 8886662045 is a good one)
- have someone around for tea. take care of them and indulge them with your very best cooking.
- if you can’t have someone over, skype and play word games.
- talk to your mom. talk to her about your bad time, or ask her about her day. pick up the phone or go downstairs and reconnect.
- memorize a song from a band you like but have never really listened to.
- listen to someone talk about things that don’t involve you. NPR is good.
- take a walk.
- drink a bunch of cool water.
- pull up youtube videos of yoga and do some.
- make yourself look as lovely as possible, regardless of who’s gonna see you. dress up. be beautiful or handsome or anything.
- wear your favourite clothes.
- listen to starfucker and watch adventure time.
- eat well. either indulge in a frozen pizza or be on your feet cooking for two hours- no middleground.
- fold paper cranes, because if you fold 1000 you get a wish.
- write letters to anyone, or no one, or yourself, but write letters. it’s hard at first but before you know it you’ll be writing pages.
- smell good.
- take a nap.
- watch whatever makes you laugh, even if it’s tactless. who gives a fuck?
- change your computer background to something new.
- learn the difference between lonely and alone.
- learn the difference between patience and being desperate. respect yourself.
- even if you one you love most doesn’t love you back, know that by loving them in the first place is doing the most beautiful and selfless thing in the universe, and it’s not wrong.